Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Children are like Kites

Well tomorrow is officially the last day of school & both girls are super excited. Lots of fun stuff planned for the summer & we can't wait. We have lots of day trips planned, a road trip to Nova Scotia, weekend getaways alot of good times to be had this summer. Afterall, both girls will be in school next year!  I think we may even take the good ole tent out and pitch her up at a local provincial park! The kids love that sort of thing, me not so much but anything for my monkeys.

On Graduation Day the Principal said a beautiful little poem that I thought I would share with all my fellow Blog Followers with Children of their own, who are finishing up another year of school and getting ready for new beginnings come Fall.  It is certainly very true and brought alot of tears to my eyes as we move on to new beginnings in our own home, especially with my last baby starting her first year! This poem pulled on my heart strings, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did & do!


You spend a lifetime trying to get them off the ground.
You run with them until you're both breathless.
They crash.
They hit the rooftop.
You patch and comfort, adjust and teach them.
Finally, they are airborne;
They need more string and you keep letting it out.
But with each twist of the ball of twine,
there is a sadness that goes with joy.
The kite becomes more distant,
and you know it won't be long
before that beautiful creature will snap the lifeline that binds you two together
and will soar as it is meant to soar, free and alone.
Only then do you know that you did your job.



No comments:

Post a Comment