Friday, April 1, 2011

Mud & Puddle Jumping

Yesterday we figured we would get out, breathe in the fresh air and try to clear away some of sniffles. So off we went to feed the ducks Ming Ming and Tuck & now the Geese have taken over the pond! Dirty Birds
I got the kids in their slush pants that took me forever to find and I thought we would never get our legs in them all the stupid snow we have had. Rubber Boots on and away we go ( I need some Rubber Boots for the Duck feeding walks). 

Along the way we found puddles for puddling jumping, Mud for walking in the kids loved it... It was so much fun to watch, they had a blast! We came across this wonderful mud patch the kids tried to run through, but did not quite make it. LMAO! They got stuck!! Here I am in my "New Runners" walking through a nasty mess of mud.. Oh my white clean shoes! Boo! So the girls get stuck & can't get out... So I need to find a rock to put in the mud to climb on to fetch them out. So I find a rock that is flipping heavy drop it in the mud and mud splashes everywhere... So I almost pee my pants because I am laughing so hard because we are in a right pickle of a mess... I just want to yell HELP, but I would totally look like an ass.. Where is the construction wood when you need it.. LOL. I grab Laila out hovering on the rock, she looses her boot. Then on to get Belle out.. I finally get her and she looses 2 boots.. Now I get the wonderful task of retrieving the boots.. LOVELY!! As I try to fetch the boots I am loosing my balance on this 1 rock and I am totally going to go ass over tea kettle and do a face plant in the mud! Mud Facial anyone? I finally get both kids boots out, without more chaos.. Phew! So we put them on a continue on our way!

We pass our lovely mess of a Deer Friend, fur still everywhere which still makes me really nervous about walking that path.  I did some googling last night about Coyotes, they were saying that they have attacked humans, they attacked a 6 & 3 year old. They say that if you see one, don't make eye contact, dont' turn your back and run... Then what the hell do you do? I think I might carried a Hockey Horn with me to an from school now! Kind of makes me really freaky, and you know damn well my kids will stare it down even when you tell them not to look...

We see our ducks friends and the Geese have now taken over that pond. And I need to mention that these Geese are Vicious... One Goose grabbed the other goose by the neck and they were wrestling and he tried to take the Goose under water.. Was he trying to drown him or what was his deal? Freaked me out.. The kids were in shock, the things we see in this Ravine is disturbing.. LMAO!  We continued to try and feed the ducks and carry on our way. Found more puddles to puddle jump in along the way home.. It was alot of fun, they had a blast & so did I. These are the out tings that have been missed all Winter.. Man it was a long dark, cold and dreary Winter! Thank goodness Spring is here.. Yippy!!

Got the kids home all their muddy stuff off an ready to be washed. Laila went upstairs and passed right out after her little hike. That is how you know you have finally tired the little Fireball out... When she passes out from alot of play, you know you did good!! LOL

We're Stuck! HELP

The Nasty Geese have taken over!

Belle's Boots Stuck!

Laila's lonely boot!

3 comments: