Sunday, March 13, 2011

Retail Therapy... A MUST TODAY

I woke up this morning feeling like I "wanted to hold really soft things like my cat, I felt really pure, I wanted to run a beach, I wanted to twirl in white spandex" NOT!! FML today, can I just go back to bed.. Me and Sunday are not going to be friends at all.. I am tired, grumpy & have now lost an hour of sleep because of the time change. The kids were great but it was me that was obviously very irritated! Thank goodness my hubby was home to keep us all balanced especially me, he is so good at that.

We headed out shortly after lunch, we wanted to do some "Family stuff" with the kids, Tom is working all of March Break so we figured we would take Sunday to do some stuff as a family! I packed the kids snacks up and away we went. We had a couple of stops that we were looking to make but our ultimate goal was to have some "Family time". We were making our way too St Jacobs, I was super irritated and was trying to make the best out of how I was feeling. We made a stop at Fitness Depot because we are looking at getting a Treadmill, but I don't want to spend a fortune on something that could possibly sit in the basement. After seeing their price tags I was like "See yah".. Ridiculous I tell you or I am just being a cheap ass.. We headed to the outlets in St Jacobs (Can't wait to go there in the summer when the market is on).. We were taking the kids to the Lego Duplo Outlet, they loved it! Such great stuff in there and you really reclaim your youthful days of Lego Building.. They now have "Girl Lego" which is super cool! They even had a Playmobile outlet which was cool too.. Isabelle found her wonderful animals that she has been collecting for years "Selich".... As I began to see the deals that this place had to offer, so I started to perk up alittle more.. Still edgy but making the best of our family day! Isabelle had been saying that her Adidas were getting to tight, and it was obviously time to get a new pair of shoes these things alway just pop up. So we headed to the Stride rite outlet.. AWESOME DEAL, ended up leaving there with 2 pairs of shoes for $54 - Regular were $50 each! These things have Antibacterial Inserts they are washable they are so awesome. I have always got my kids Pumas, Nikes or Adidas so this is a welcomed change..  Tom also scored large too, he got 2 pairs of amazing looking casual Rock ports for $100 (For both), I found socks, LMAO I needed some black socks! They had great deals on bedding (Which I will be going back for to get a new bed set when they have my size).. But I did leave with new sheets which I am really excited to see how I sleep tonight! Woot Woot, maybe Sleep and I will become friends again!

The girls were hungry so we headed to this restaurant across the street and the food was great! I have never seen the little monkeys eat so much at a lunch sitting! They were both pretty tired after our fun filed few hours they took a little nap on our way to Michael's. We were on the hunt for some Crafts for the March Break week! GPS took us a few different ways, always does.. Kitchener's streets are really messed up and it even confuses Cyber Bitch... So we ended up just telling her we wanted Cambridge instead! Girls woke up from the naps when we reached our destination "Michael's".. They found some stuff to keep them busy this week was great they were excited.. Tom and I got excited that they had those stupid Sticker Books where you collect the stickers and put them on the appropriate page.. LMAO.. To be young again apparently! My mother use to cringe when we would get those books. I think mine use to be "Garbage Pale Kids", I also had the "Barbie" one & my brother had the "GI JOE" one I think. When we were done there, I noticed across the parking lot there was a Bombay store.. LOVE THAT STORE! So we headed there, my goal is still to find the cabinet! I ran in quickly to see if they had what I wanted and low and behold tucked in the corner behind a floor length mirror there it was... Waiting for me!! Just want I wanted, just want I was looking for! It was perfect, and I scored huge on it.... We ended up saving close to $500 bucks on it, got it for $209, I was so happy an it looks perfect in it's new home... My wonderful hubby went in an grabbed it for me and loaded it in the car. Who knew retail therapy when you felt as lousy as I did this morning would make me feel so much better...

To end off our family night, we did alittle bit of crafts when we arrived at home. The kids ran around to burn off some energy. We did our usual bath routine, followed by a late dinner. Then all four of us headed to Belle's room to a bedtime story! Laila got 2 stories little cheeky monkey. She got to listen to "Don't let the Pigeon Stay up late" and then we all listened to "Puff the Magic Dragon".. It was a great day had by all and we are looking forward to a good nights sleep after such a great day. We will try to plan something else this week for them to do, but for the most part I think they are just looking forward to spending time at home playing with one another! Laila really misses Belle while she is at school so it will be a nice week, but Mommy will need a break come Friday.. LOL

Happy March Break, I think we will head back to St Jacobs to do the Wagon Ride through the Sugar Bush. That looks like a lot of fun & the kids will love it.


The girls new shoes, they love them. Laila had to get the same as Belle & Belle was okay with that!

Tom says "Looks awesome, but now we look like alcoholics".. LMAO
Perfect fit!! Looks Fabulous there, just what I was visioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment