Thursday, August 18, 2011

Absolutely Amazing

I have to say this was the best family trip we have taken in a while! It was relaxed yet action packed. We chopped wood, shot bee bee guns and adventured, relaxed and most of all laughed till we could not laugh anymore, which to be honest I don't think will never happen when we spend time with our favorites they are the best and we love them to pieces! We ate breakfast and lunch and lunch at dinner and dinner before bed.. There is never any sort of time or routine when we are having fun and are relaxed. People want to see us they can come to us, no offence but sorry we are on Vacay and we are not going travelling visiting a ton of people! It is one stop shop, nor should people have that expectation of others when they are on vacation. Not only are The Routledges my cousins they are my best friends, they feel more like my older brother and sister. It makes me soo sad when we leave them each and every time ( I will admit tears are shed often, drives are silent for a while and I do feel alittle lost), it is amazing at the bond that has formed together with them since my Nanny passed 8 years ago! She brought us together and it was like it was meant to be forever and it will be.

We took a day to relax and unwind or should I say eat and get fat ( The food this week was endless and we now how nice rumps in the trunk to prove it). Then the next day we were off to Halifax to go Whale Watching.. This was so much, fun, the kids were so excited and had glowing faces. My cousin had rented a Yukon that sits 8 so we an all be together which was fantastic and comfy, lots of laughs and singing at the top of our lungs in that bad boy, Belle sure does know how to carry a tune! I also have to add that Belle sure knows how to make a quiet room break out into laughter. Sarah was doing something that Mom did not approve of so as Becky went to tell her the proper way to do it, Belle chimes in with a look on her face and says "Awkward".... We all immediately bust a gutt!

When we were in the Yukon, we felt famous or like we belonged in an episode of Orange County Housewives. Becky and I were even followed by cops for a short while in New Glasgow, I wonder if they thought we were high profile people like Housewives of OC which we so totally could have pulled off that day or perhaps the Jersey Shore Cast in NS?? LOL JK

Whale Watching was a success we ended up seeing a Manky Whale which is basically a small whale, the kids loved it. We saw Sea lions bobbing up and down, took in the sights, fed the seagulls (Poop tanks as we call them) and had a great time. Isabelle gave the workers on board the vessel a long talk on the importance of not allowing Oil Tankers in the harbour to potentially harm the whales if there was leak telling them it is an environmental issue. She gave them little pep talks and thought she was just fantastic and I think so too! The girls met a new friend (Willy the Lobster & let it be known that it was a baby female) they held him and became quite friendly with each other, we touched a crab (the water ones, not the STI kind) LMAO before he jumped out of the ladies hand and hit the deck of the boat like a rock.  Once we finished there we grabbed some deep fried scallops & fries on the pear, checked out the hot Marines in Uniform on the Navy Ship and then we ventured to Peggy's Cove which is always so wonderful to see, the girls are fascinated with Lighthouses & in NS there are plenty! We had a not so hot meal in Peggy's cove which was rather disappointing but the company made it fun! It cooled off very fast there and the fog came rolling in, so we began our drive back home! Every time I go there and the fog rolls in I get chills, just knowing the just a few km off the shore the Swissair plane went down a few years back. And to be there you would see how small of a town it is and it is just so sad! We were all pretty pooped and ea gar to get to bed but had a fantastic day till our next big adventure.

All of us at Peggy's Cove


We took a day off from site seeing and decided to chill out till we made our way to PEI on the Sunday! PEI was absolutely beautiful. The Ferry ride was about an hour I did remarkably well, so I think I ready for a cruise boat. Once we arrived in PEI we say many potato fields and enjoyed the county side till we hit Cavendish! We drove by the Anne of Green Gables House & Road to Avon lea then headed to the beach to put our feet in the ocean for the first time. We saw the red sand beach in PEI was which gorgeous, we never made it to the White Sand beach as there were alot of pee emergency's that needed to take place! Unlike the boys and small children that could pee anywhere, us older women require a toilet.. We can't just squat anyplace without given a show of the lady business... LOL. Once we found the toilet we headed to do alittle more sightseeing then it was off to dinner!! Fisherman's Wharf here we come! LET ME TELL YOU a 60 different Salad bar Buffet and you pick your fish, lobster, steak or whatever.. OMG, can you say lard ass... LOL. Becky was the smart one out of us all and just stuck to the Salads.... Isabelle ate her very first lobster and loved it, she looked just like my grandmother sitting there chowing down! That's my girl, your GGma would be proud, they both ate lobster, scallops and muscles... On the way home we took the Confederation Bridge and enjoyed the Sunset over the Atlantic was a great drive home~


Us in PEI with our feet in the Atlantic

Isabelle and her Lobster


We took in a pool day at Becky's brothers house which was a fantastic day, they are such wonderful people that feel just like family, the girls just ate up all the attention, they fooled yet again more people! LOL We later went home and I made up some yummy goat cheese chilly and lime corn on the cob, the boys BBQ'd up some Capicola Steaks (HOLY MOLY, best thing ever) & we made some Ribs. The ribs by the way ended up being eatten the next day for lunch as were too stuffed to eat them at dinner. The food this week  has been crazy and anyone that was dieting is no longer dieting! Between, the homemade feasts of Lescho and Butter Chicken, Steaks, Corn, Pipers and Lobster and snacks the food was so sinful.
Our last big too do was make our ways up to Frog Lake were my Nanny, Grampy and 2 uncles are resting. This lake is where my grandfather use to fish. It is a quiet lake in the middle of no where and you require a boat to get to the island and a 4x4 to get the lake. The lake is infested with leaches which met as as we arrived.. We got in on Neils 4 wheeler pulling the trailer, boat and all of us.  It was a gloomy sort of day which was nice cause the bugs would be bad if it was hot. I made it over to the island with the kids but had to come back as they were scared shit less of being in an aluminum boat with paddles ( I was kind of freaked out too, but mommy's need to appear strong).. Everyone took a turn to go over, we fished up some "Seaweed" then made our way back to the truck. As were pulling away the sun peaked out over the island and we all blew kisses to them. They knew we were there and it made me happy! I miss them so very much each and everyday and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of them. I wish they had to a chance to meet my little bundles. xoxox

As our trip began to wined down we all became alittle more quite, we spent a few hours with Becky's mom which was great, it was a nice morning such a wonderful lady, love her just like she is our Nan!  Then we topped it off with a meal out at Pipers landing... Only the best restaurant ever!! There was not a stitch of food left on any ones plate,  we eve licked the plates, were fattened up yet again, stuffed to the max and tired.  Leaving to come home was an emotional day, I think I cried pretty much till we got the Nova Scotia boarder and was quite quiet the rest of the way. We went down through Maine and spent the night. Did alittle shopping there but could not get into it, I did end up with my first Coach bag that was regular 289.99 and I scored it for 91 bucks.... But that was all,  I miss them so very much I must be love sick and just can't get into spending!  At this point I just wanted to get home, so we drove till we got to our front door with a few potty breaks in between! We arrived at home about 10:30pm Friday night and got tucked into bed quickly!

After each and every visit with my besties, it makes me miss them more and more! This is what family is all about. We pick up just like we saw each other yesterday even thought we are 2100 miles apart. We laugh till we cry and we enjoy each others company. We joke that we should build a house with wings and live together cause we get along that well. My girls just light up as do I & I think it is pretty great that my girls have been given the most amazing set of Godparents ever! I always say that everyday should be the way it is when we are together. I know that Becky is someone that I can turn too like a big sister & Neil like a big brother. They are fantastic people and so are their kids, I don't think there isn't a thing we could not do for each other. I look forward to each and every visit which is now become a yearly thing, phone calls and pictures & messages on FB. They make me smile, they light up my day.  That is what family is all about & making memories is the best part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment