Thursday, February 24, 2011

Apple Juice for the kids and Gin & Tonic for me PLEASE

Well this is my first time blogging so bare with me if I ramble....
Today the weather is grey and gloomy and yet again we are stuck inside with no place to go! Kids are boucning of the wall and Mommy is right there beside them. Being the end of February we all tend to get alittle bit crazy this time of year due to lack of sunshine and warm weather,  so really who can blame the little monkeys!

Being a Mom of 2 girls comes a BOAT LOAD of DRAMA & they are only 6 and 3.5 years old, I pitty myself when they are teenagers never mind me, my poor hubby. Can you imagine what my husband will be like when PMS and Menopause starts in this house? I think we might be living in this house alone.. LOL  They play really well together, but when they fight let me tell you look out. They are both quite strong willed. Actually the youngest I think might be worse, sometimes it is like talking to a wall.  Apparently I was like that as a child as I have been told on many occasions by my mother.. But I really think she was wrong, I recall being a sweet little angel (Okay maybe that is alittle bit of a stretch). Sometimes the only way to get a point across that enough is enough with the bickering is to raise my voice. Urgh, but sometimes you just have to... Breaks my heart, but they don't stop pecking each other and me. Isabelle has to be the leader and wants Laila to do everything she says and play everything she wants. But Belle is not willing to do anything that is "Baby" like... So we have the feud start..  Then I hear "Mommy Isabelle said this", "Mommy Laila did this", "Leave me alone" and it goes back and forth for a good while.... I often try to tune it out as my mother tells me but it is really not that easy! I think alot of the issue is they bored but what more can I do in a day with them.  I did not go to school to be a Teacher or take a course on ECE, just a Mother of 2 girls who googles alot to keep them entertained especially in the winter months.. LOL

At the end of our "Wall Climbing" day, we like to enjoy a nice family dinner where they sip the Apple Juice & they tell Daddy all about the day. Unfortunatly,  there is not alot of adult conversation because they are so excited when Daddy comes home that we can't get a word in.  So when they leave the table after filling their bellies with air from talking rather then my dinner. The hubby and I will sip a Gin and Tonic and finally have 5 min to talk....

I must say after a crazy hair pulling day of them producing an awful lot of drama, there is nothing more wonderful then listening to them giggle and tell you how much they love you with cuddles & kisses. xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment